Did you know you can streamline your Apple TV (3rd generation of later) installation by syncing ATV with your iOS device (iOS 7 required)? It’s insanely simple and easily cuts installation time in half. Here’s how to do it:
- Plug in your new Apple TV with access to WiFi and find the installation screen on your TV.
- Enable your iOS device’s Bluetooth capabilities under preferences.
- Sync your iPhone or iPad to your Apple TV via Bluetooth (I suggest actually touching your iOS device to the Apple TV for good measure).
- You will see a pop-up on your iOS device to sync with Apple TV. Hit “Yes”.
- Put in your iTunes password as prompted and you are all set!
If your Apple TV is already set up:
If you have already completed setup on your Apple TV, go to settings > general > reset > and you can begin the steps above when your Apple TV displays the factory installation screen.